Fitzpatrick Society Scholarship
The Fitzpatrick - Mac Giolla Phádraig Clan Society was founded in Dublin, Ireland in 1993 and has since grown to be a worldwide community of individuals who are interested in all things Fitzpatrick. Communication is mainly online, with one of the largest surname communities on the Internet: https://fitzpatricksociety.com/
The Society recognises a scholar based on an outstanding recently written contribution submitted in competition. The purpose of this recognition is to encourage the study of the history, heritage, culture and tradition of the Fitzpatrick nation. Each year the recognised scholar will be referred to as the Fitzpatrick Society Scholar or simply the Fitzpatrick Scholar and will receive a purse of $500.00.
- Entries must be received by 31 March in year of competition and the scholar’s name will be announced 11 June each year.
- The 2022 competition will be adjudicated by Senator David Norris acting as single judge supported by a panel selected by the Committee.
- An entry should consist of no less than 2000 typed words on any of the four themes which demonstrates scholarly research, reporting and understanding and must not have been previously published. Entries should be of a publishable standard and fully cited and referenced.
- The competition is open to all members and membership is open to all interested persons, regardless of ancestry.
- A minimum of three (3) entries is required for the competition to take place.
- The committee will retain discretion to determine if the standard is acceptable and may decide, as circumstances dictate, to announce no scholar.
- An unsuccessful submission may be resubmitted for competition in the first year following its initial submission.
- A condition of the competition is the right of the Society to publish any of the entries in the Society publications with due acknowledgement. All entries will remain the intellectual property of the author.
- Separate from the competition for the Fitzpatrick Scholar, should a meritorious contribution be submitted by a scholar aged under 18 on 31 March in year of competition, the panel may recommend that a special award be made in recognition of a Fitzpatrick Junior Scholar.
Entries or queries should be submitted to:
The Fitzpatrick - Mac Giolla Phádraig Clan Society Email: email@example.com Contact : Andrew Wallace.
Click image above to view Scholarship PDF
subscribe fitzpatrick-clan your_firstname your_lastname
Leave the Subject Line blank. Sign-up is free and can be unsubscribed at any time.
Scholarship Prize Winners
Winning entries and all other submissions of a publishable standard will appear annually in The Journal of The Fitzpatrick - Mac Giolla Phádraig Clan Society.
|Name||Paper Title||Contest Year|
|Eóghan Rian Mac Giolla Phádraig||A Fitzpatrick Clan Crest on the National Harp||2021|